What if I need to make substantive changes to a policy?
Substantive policy changes are changes that: 1) affect the University’s legal, regulatory, financial and ethical obligations, responsibilities, or 2) affect the way the University’s business is conducted in support of mission-critical operations impacting the roles of various departments across the University, or 3) affect the actions required by a targeted audience to remain in compliance with the policy provisions.
To make a substantive change to a policy, you should:
- Contact the policy specialist who will assist in determining whether the proposed change is substantive or non-substantive.
- Complete the Administrative Policy Planning Worksheet and submit it to the policy specialist.
- Transfer the policy to the UNT Policy Template and highlight the substantive changes. Submit an electronic version of the policy to the policy specialist.
- Policy Proponent/owner of the policy will present the policy to the Policy Advisory Group.
- PAG will review, discuss and determine the final version of the policy. (Note: Some recommended changes to existing policies may go to the President or the President’s Cabinet for approval or disapproval.)
- The policy specialist will update the UNT policy website.
Please contact the individual who is listed as the contact person for the policy or call the University Policy Office at (940) 565-4142.