Please contact the individual who is listed as the contact person for the policy or call the University Policy Office at (940) 565-4535.
What if I need to make substantive changes to a policy?
Substantive policy changes are changes that: 1) affect the University’s legal, regulatory, financial and ethical obligations, responsibilities, or 2) affect the way the University’s business is conducted in support of mission-critical operations impacting the roles of various departments across the University, or 3) affect the actions required by a targeted audience to remain in compliance with the policy provisions.
To make a substantive change to a policy, you should:
- Contact the UNT Policy Manager who will assist in determining whether the proposed change is substantive or non-substantive.
- Complete the Administrative Policy Planning Worksheet and submit it to the UNT Policy Manager.
- Transfer the policy to the UNT Policy Template and highlight the substantive changes. Submit an electronic version of the policy to the UNT Policy Manager.
- Policy Proponent/owner of the policy will present the policy to the Policy Advisory Group.
- PAG will review, discuss and determine the final version of the policy. (Note: Some recommended changes to existing policies may go to the President or the President’s Cabinet for approval or disapproval.)
- The UNT Policy Manager will update the UNT policy website.